Maryland’s High, Objective, Uniform State Standard of Evaluation (HOUSSE) is a state-designed teacher evaluation that:
- Sets standards for grade-appropriate academic subject matter and teaching skills;
- Is aligned with challenging state academic content and student achievement standards;
- Provides objective information about the teacher’s core content knowledge in the area she or he teaches;
- Is applied uniformly to all teachers in the same subject area and grade level statewide;
- Takes into consideration the time the teacher has been teaching in that academic subject area.
Continue to the next section, “If You Are Not Highly Qualified.”