CHILD CARE CAREER AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUND (C.C.C.P.D.F.)
The Child Care Career and Professional Development Fund is a tuition assistance program for child care professionals to obtain or continue their pursuit of a college education at participating colleges/universities in Maryland. The Fund pays the cost of tuition, fees, and course related textbooks, as funding allows.
Child Care Center Staff and Family Child Care Providers can earn a college degree in:
- Early Childhood Education
- Child Development
- Elementary Education
- Special Education
Funds are awarded annually July 1st through June 30th, with a review of academic performance and continuation of requirements to participate at the end of the approval year.
Approval can be renewed if:
- Funding is available
- Recipient continues participation in the Maryland Child Care Credential Program
- Recipient continues employment in child care
- Recipient successfully completes at least two courses during the approval year
- Recipient maintains a 2.50 GPA
- Recipient reapplies at the end of the approval year
Applicants must meet the following criteria (COMAR 13A.14.09):
The Fund does not reimburse participants. Funds are paid directly to the college/university. MSDE will notify each applicant and college/university of Fund approval.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the Fund, you must first contact the participating educational institution of your choice. Click here for a list participating colleges/universities.
Submit a completed application with required documentation
- Experience – at least one year of child care experience – letter from current employer; current family child care license
- Participation in the Maryland Child Care Credential Program at Level Two or higher – copy of current credential certificate
- Letter of acceptance from a participating college including declared major
- Statement of college costs associated with enrollment (tuition, fees, & books)
- Professional Development Plan – listing of courses and timeline required to complete degree
- Continued Employment – letter from current employer on letterhead; current family child care license
- Continued participation in the Maryland Child Care Credential program – copy of certificate
- College transcript with GPA.
Application Due Dates:
First-time Applications are due by March 1st.
Continuation Applications are due by June 30th.
Applications must be completed and submitted by the deadline to be processed. Incomplete applications/application packets cannot be processed.
First-time applications are processed on a first come, first served basis, with priority given to applicants who have not completed any college courses for credit from an accredited college or university.
Late applications will not be processed.
Click here for the CCCPDF Application Form.
Click here for the CCCPDF Application Checklist.
Click here for the CCCPDF Fact Sheet.
Have questions or need more information about Credentialing Branch programs? Contact us:
- by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by phone: 410-767-7852