Training Vouchers and Reimbursement
- Only those participating in the Credential Program at Level Two and higher are eligible to receive training vouchers and/or reimbursement.
- A participant may receive up to $200 during each year of participation in the Credential Program.
- Each voucher is issued for one specific course, workshop or conference. Multiple sessions may not be combined on one voucher.
- Application form MUST be completed and signed in blue ink!
- Awards are assigned according to the incomes of all applicants who are eligible for an award, with higher priority given to lower income applicants.
- The Office of Child Care will make training voucher and reimbursement awards according to assigned award priority until:
- An award has been made to each eligible applicant; or
- As long as funds are available.
Click here for a chart showing Maryland's FY
2012 State Median Income (SMI) levels.
- If a participant uses a training voucher and, without good cause, fails to successfully complete the training, the participant will:
- Be required to repay the amount of the training voucher to the Maryland State Department of Education, and
- Not be eligible to receive further training vouchers.
Only individuals participating in the Credential Program at Level Two and higher may submit applications for training vouchers.
Applications must be submitted at least 60 days before the date of the training for which the voucher will be used.
A complete application must be submitted to the Office of Child Care, including:
- An application form that is complete and signed; and
- Documentation of the training for which the voucher will be used, including a copy of the:
- Course catalog description;
- Completed registration form; or
- Training advertisement.
Subject to funding availability, the Office of Child Care shall, within 30 days of the receipt of the application, approve an applicant to receive a training voucher if the:
- Application is received at least 60 days prior to the training date;
- Application is complete;
- All required documentation is submitted;
- Amount requested does not exceed $200; and
- Applicant is eligible to receive a voucher.
The Office of Child Care will send the participant a voucher that states the name of the training, the training organization or approved trainer, and the amount of the voucher.
The participant will present the voucher to the trainer and use as payment for the training.
The trainer or organization submits the voucher to the Office of Child Care for payment.
Upon successful completion of the training for which a voucher was issued, the participant shall provide the CCA with a copy of the:
- Grade slip;
- Certificate; or
- Documentation given by the instructor that indicates successful completion of the training.
Instead of a training voucher, an individual may request and receive reimbursement for training if:
- They are participating in the credential program at Level Two or higher;
- The training is approved as meeting the Core of Knowledge;
- The training was successfully completed no more than 4 months before the date of the request; and
- The individual has not received their allotment of vouchers payments in the amount of $200 during the previous 12-month period.
Within 120 days after the successful completion of the training for which the reimbursement is sought, a complete application must be submitted to the Office of Child Care, Credentialing Branch including:
- An application form that is complete and signed by the applicant; and
- Documentation of the training for which the reimbursement is requested, including a copy of the:
- Course catalog description,
- Training advertisement, and
- Grade slip, transcript, or certificate of completion.
The Office of Child Care will, within 30 days of receipt of the application and subject to funding availability, approve an applicant to receive a training reimbursement if the:
- Application is received within 120 days after the completion of training,
- Application is complete,
- Amount requested does not exceed $200, and
- Applicant is eligible to receive a reimbursement.
If the applicant is eligible for a reimbursement the Office of Child Care shall award a voucher or authorize payment.
If the applicant is found ineligible, the Office of Child Care will provide written notification to the applicant.
To apply for a training voucher or reimbursement submit an Application for Training Voucher/Reimbursement and all required documentation to the OCC Credentialing Branch.
Have questions or need more information about Credentialing Branch programs? Contact us:
- by e-mail: email@example.com
- by phone: 1-877-605-1539