MEETING OF THE MARYLAND STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION .Meeting Of The Maryland State Board Of Education,
Tuesday, February 28, 2017 AgendaRevised 2/27/17
Nancy S. Grasmick State Education Building 200 West Baltimore Street – 7th Floor Board Room Baltimore, Maryland 21201-2595
CALL MEETING TO ORDER9:01 a.m.
CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS
- Approval of Minutes of January 24, 2017-
Budget Adjustments for January, 2017
BALTIMORE PERFORMING ARTS PERFORMANCE
9:10 a.m. STATE BOARD BUSINESS ITEMSPolicy Consideration 1. ESSA Plan Update
Additional Information 2. Superintendent’s Update
Social Studies -
Linking Youth to New Experiences (LYNX) -
Achieve Report -
MSDE Mid-Year Report10:50 a.m.
BREAK11:05 a.m. STATE BOARD BUSINESS ITEMS
Policy Consideration 3.
1. Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR)
• 13A.04.19 Program in Cosmetology (PERMISSION TO ADOPT)• 13A.04.20 Program for Barbers (PERMISSION TO ADOPT)• 13A.06.07 Student Transportation (PERMISSION TO ADOPT)• 13A.04.05 Education that is Multicultural (PERMISSION TO WITHDRAW)• 13A.12.04.04B Administrator I (PERMISSION TO ADOPT)
12:15 p.m. ADJOURN TO EXECUTIVE SESSION
1:30 p.m. RECOGNITION OF SUPERINTENDENT OF THE YEAR
1:45 p.m. STATE BOARD BUSINESS ITEMS
Post Labor Day Waiver Request
Board Reports and Planning
1. Mental Health Subcommittee Update
2. Strategic Planning Committee Update
3. March Agenda Items
4. Board Member Updates/Comments
A D J O U R N M E N T
*The State Board of Education is pleased to receive oral public comment at each of its regular monthly meetings. In order to allow the State Board sufficient time for its other business, the total time allotted to public comment will generally be limited to thirty (30) minutes. Individuals seeking to speak to the Board will be given three (3) minutes each. Persons desiring to speak to the State Board, must call (410-767-0467) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) the Board office no earlier than one week prior to the meeting to register to speak. Registration will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. In order to make the limited time available most effective, speakers are urged to provide multiple written copies of their comments or other material amplifying their views.
200 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201-2595
410-767-0100 • 1-888-246-0016
© 2018 Maryland State Department of Education