MEETING OF THE MARYLAND STATE BOARD OF EDUCATIONMeeting Of The Maryland State Board Of Education,
Tuesday, August 22, 2017 Agenda
Nancy S. Grasmick State Education Building 200 West Baltimore Street – 7th Floor Board Room Baltimore, Maryland 21201-2595
CALL MEETING TO ORDER (Call Meeting To Order Audio)
CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS
- Approval of Minutes of July 18, 2017-
Budget Adjustments July, 2017-
Budget – Closeout of Fiscal Year 2017
9:03 a.m. STATE BOARD BUSINESS ITEMS
ESSA Plan (ESSA Plan Audio) Mary Gable, Assistant State Superintendent, Academic Policy and Innovation10:45 a.m. BREAK11:00 a.m.
• ESSA Plan (Continued) (ESSA Plan Continued Audio) Mary Gable, Assistant State Superintendent, Academic Policy and Innovation12:30 p.m. ADJOURN TO EXECUTIVE SESSION 2:30 p.m. STATE BOARD BUSINESS ITEMS
• ESSA Plan (Continued) (ESSA Plan Continued Audio) Mary Gable, Assistant State Superintendent, Academic Policy and Innovation
Board Reports and Planning (State Board Business Items Audio)
• Committee Updates • September Meetings – Tentative Items
• Thursday, Sept. 7th – ESSA Work Session
• Tuesday, Sept. 19th- State Board Meeting
2018 State Board Meeting Dates3:00 p.m.
PARCC Results (PARCC Results Audio) •
Alternative Academic Achievement Standards •
COMAR 13A.06.07.01-.10 Student Transportation (PERMISSION TO PUBLISH AMENDMENTS) (Alternative Academic Achievement Standards and Student Transportation Audio) •
• Persistently Dangerous Schools (Action Item) (Persistently Dangerous Schools Audio)
• Follow up on COMAR and Statute Related to Teacher and Principal Evaluation4:00 p.m.
Regulatory Actions •
COMAR 13A.03.02 Graduation Requirements (PERMISSION TO PUBLISH AMENDMENTS) •
COMAR 13A.02.01.04 Length of School Year (ADOPTION) (COMAR 13A.02.01.04 Length of School Year Audio) •
COMAR 13.06.01.02 and .03 Programs for Food and Nutrition(ADOPTION) (COMAR 13.06.01.02 and .03 Programs for Food and Nutrition Audio) •
COMAR 13A.12.02.21 Hearing Impaired (ADOPTION) (COMAR 13A.12.02.21 Hearing Impaired Audio)4:30 p.m. PUBLIC COMMENT •
Public Comments (Public Comments Audio) 5:00 p.m. OPINIONS (Opinions Audio)
Board Member Updates/Comments (Closing Board Member Updates/Comments Audio)5:05 p.m.
A D J O U R N M E N T (Adjournment Audio)
*The State Board of Education is pleased to receive oral public comment at each of its regular monthly meetings. In order to allow the State Board sufficient time for its other business, the total time allotted to public comment will generally be limited to thirty (30) minutes. Individuals seeking to speak to the Board will be given three (3) minutes each. Persons desiring to speak to the State Board, must call (410-767-0467) or e-mail (email@example.com) the Board office no earlier than one week prior to the meeting to register to speak. Registration will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. In order to make the limited time available most effective, speakers are urged to provide multiple written copies of their comments or other material amplifying their views.
200 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201-2595
410-767-0100 • 1-888-246-0016
© 2019 Maryland State Department of Education