Register your account in The Educator Application and Certification Hub (TEACH) and complete an online application. Be prepared to submit the following as part of your application:
- A copy of your active professional out-of-state certificate/license, to include the area of certification you are seeking;
- Verification of Experience form(s) demonstrating a minimum of three years of satisfactory experience in the certification area you are seeking;
- Official transcript(s), to include the conferral of a bachelor's degree. A graduate degree may be required for some certification areas. Transcripts must be submitted in one of the following ways:
- Ordered from Parchment, which will be sent directly to TEACH; or
- Electronically sent to email@example.com directly from an alternative e-transcript service; or
- Mailed to the MSDE office of certification directly from the Institution of Higher Education or in a sealed student mailer; or
- Sent directly to your employer if you are under contract with a Maryland local school district or state-operated school.
You may track your application status in TEACH. If you are employed with a Maryland local school district, a nonpublic special education program, or a state-operated school, please work directly with your employer if you have questions about the application process.