- A copy of your active professional certificate/license, to include the area of certification you are seeking in Maryland;
- An official transcript demonstrating completion of an educator preparation program approved in the state in which it is physically located leading to certification in the area you are seeking. Transcripts must be submitted in one of the following ways:
- Ordered from Parchment, which will be sent directly to TEACH; or
- Electronically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org directly from the Institution of Higher Education or an e-transcript service; or
- Mailed to the MSDE office of certification directly from the Institution of Higher Education or in a sealed student mailer; or
- Sent directly to your employer if you are under contract with a Maryland local school district or state-operated school.
- Verification of passing scores for the certification tests required to earn your out-of-state certificate/license. (A photocopy of the test scores or an official verification from the state department of education will be accepted if an official score report is unavailable.)
You may track your application status in TEACH. If you are employed with a Maryland local school district, a nonpublic special education program, or a state-operated school, please work directly with your employer if you have questions about the application process.